#GivingTuesday is a global giving movement with local impact.
Founded by the team in the Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact, #GivingTuesday is a global giving movement being celebrated in more than 190 countries across the globe, and 100 local community campaigns in the US. #GivingTuesday harnesses the collective power of a unique blend of partners to transform how people think about, talk about, and participate in the giving season. It inspires people to take collective action to improve their communities, give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they believe in, and help create a better world. #GivingTuesday demonstrates how every act of generosity counts, and that they mean even more when we give together.
Giving Tuesday and LIFE
You can take this opportunity, as people across the globe celebrate the freedom to give, to contribute to something that you know and trust. The people of LIFE UMC take pride in our heritage of being difference makers in the Fairmont area for over a century, and you can keep the ball rolling with your own generosity.
- We stand in the gap for the marginalized, the forgotten, and the neglected.
- LIFE meets the needs of our communities by collecting food for pantries.
- The Backpack Ministry feeds hungry students when they go home for the weekend.
- LIFE provides ministry opportunities, worship experiences, and Christian education for the clients at Fairmont’s Disability Action Center
- LIFE supports Fairmont’s Union Mission and West Virginia Rescue Ministries.
- Members of our congregation collect medical supplies and travel to Honduras to provide health care.
- The LIFE UM Men regularly donate to various local charities.
These are just a few of the ways that you make a difference in Fairmont when you give to LIFE. Download our App or click on Online Giving to make a contribution.
The United Methodist Church and Apportioned Funds
LIFE is a United Methodist Church. The main way we support the ministries of the church is through our apportioned funds, a method of giving that proportionally allocates the churchwide budget to conferences and local churches.
For United Methodists this method of giving has become a strong, generous tradition.
Together, through our connected congregations, we accomplish what no single church, district or annual conference ever could hope to do alone. In this way, each individual, each family, each congregation gives a fair share for the church’s work. We combine our prayers, presence, gifts and service to make a significant difference in the lives of God’s people.
For more information about Apportioned Funds click the link below.